Wednesday 20 August 2014

Breaking.Out.Of.Your.Comfort.Zone

Hey Ab,

This week I have reflecting quite a bit on the concept of ‘breaking out of your comfort zone’. It’s scary thinking about change, but when you really think about it, it happens so frequently. I personally think change is scary but when you look back on it and note how far you’ve come, I honestly believe it’s one of the most rewarding experiences you could ever have.

(Note: I keep saying “you”, but it’s just a general statement!!)


                                       


 I was reflecting on some of the change I’ve been though, for example:

-          Changing school 4 times

-          Moving house 10 times (plenty more to come)

-          Moving interstate 3 times

-          Changing degrees at uni

-          Moving out of my parents house

Whilst these are big and quite significant things, change can also be as simple as your preference in food changing- but it is important too.
Change is like the ripple effect. One small change ripples out and influences all different parts of your life. Even something as simple as changing your breakfast to a healthier option could result in you having more sustained energy and working harder in school and consequently getting better grades. Crazy, hey! I love it.  
   


I feel I do accept change quite well but don’t be fooled; it still scares the living heck out of me. For example, I have just fallen into my study routine this semester and it is very, very busy however I know within me that I need to find a job.

As you know, I’ve got a job interview on today and I am absolutely PACKING IT!!

The thought of firstly, getting organised for an interview (what do I wear? how prepared should I be? I don’t have the time?? I’M NERVOUS!!), but then if I get the job i'll need to change my semi chaotic timetable to incorporate my work. Although on the flip side, all good things will come from working! :)

Here’s a question for you, Ab. What’s been the best result you’ve got from encountering change? I mean, it doesn’t have to be the most life changing outcome, but something you look back on and think “yeah, I’m so glad that happened” or “I’m so proud of myself for doing that”.

I’ll tell you mine next week after you’ve answered ;)

                         

I know this is quite deep and has the potential to be scary but I am loving the possibilities. I need to make myself explore scary concept and unpack it so I can understand what is actually scaring me and how I can tackle it head on.

I am so proud of the way you've adapted to change recently. Being totally honest you've copped it pretty full on, but you're positive attitude and beautiful nature will ensure happiness- no doubts there!!




Gosh, look how much we've changed! I'd say it's for the better too ;)

Hope this hasn't been too boring. It's not the "potentially good" blog post i'd hoped to do but that one will come.. eventually. 

Hope you've had a great week, Ab! 


Love you lots, as I always do!!

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment