Wednesday 23 July 2014

Better.Week.Indeed!

Morning sunshine J

Yes it has been the better week we had both hoped for thank goodness!

This is my last week of uni holidays before a crazyyyyyy semester so I’ve been super productive, trying to do as much as I can to both enjoy the holidays and get ORGANISED so I can SMASH this semester!


How did you go with your list that you wanted to achieve? I wouldn’t be surprised if you failed on point #5: No homework after 8.30pm :P

I’m pretty happy with what I achieved this week. 
This was the list I posted last week:
  •        Signing up to new gym: CHECK (I’ve even gone…once, ha!)
  •      Complete barista course: HALF CHECK (I’ve booked it in)
  •      Get ready for uni: CHECK
  •      Job hunting: HALF CHECK (getting there..ish)
  •      Creative with blog: Well.. I started a second blog!  >> http://jordans100daysofhappiness.blogspot.com.au



This is the list you gave me:

  •        Something I love: Well let me just say, this is a difficult and a very broad category. I'll keep thinking about this one
  •      Try something new: CHECK

I got a little creative with Simone and revamped some old draws. I loved the 2 colours of Annie Sloan chalk paint and thought their names were equally as cute; Barcelona and Florence. I love that you can’t mess up with the paints, whatever you do looks like it was deliberate and it just made me feel so arty and clever, hahahaha!






  •         Eat a cupcake: CHECK

I was surprised by your cupcake request. I thought you would know that I’m not the biggest fan of cupcakes! I feel like cupcakes are always pretty disappointing and if they are actually delicious, the sheer size of them is just disappointing..
But because it was your request, I did take the time to browse some delicious looking stores.. and I managed to find the creme dela creme of all cupcakes. Euro Patisserie sells caramel mud cupcakes topped with a little daisy decorating, I REPEAT, caramel mud cupcake!!!! Although it was tiny, it was delicious and I found myself silently thanking you for this challenge. I’ll have to take you to get one next time you visit. P.s: I refuse to put it on Instagram though, sorrynotsorry.



**Please ignore the overgrown fringe! It has since been trimmed.

So where to go with this blog?, good question. Lets just do whatever WE want. We will figure it out as we go.


I caught up with a friend yesterday and we went to this really beautiful lookout. I’ll definitely need to show you next time you visit me, but preferably when it’s a little warmer! How flipping beautiful is this view???!






Okay so I know what I want to talk about this week and I know this is something that may not be interesting to a lot of people, or people just get sick of hearing others opinions but I am going to have a little rant so feel free to ignore this bit Ab, I just feel like expressing my views! I doubt I will do a post like this again, it’s just what my mind is stewing on at the moment.

I saw this post the other day and it really made me think about all of the terror that is going on around the world right now.



Why was this plane more important than the 330 plus people that were killed in Gaza the other day? It constantly shocks me, how the general public seem to be drawn to particular stories or tragedies but appear to be completely unaffected by others which can be equally as horrific. I think the main reason for this is due to how relatable the media makes the story to its audience. For example, most of the stories i’ve seen or read focus on the children that were on the plane and the devastation its created for those left behind. This hits home for the audience and it creates an element of relatability (is that a word?? I don’t think so but oh well) and realness to some extent. The horrific realities that are going on all over the world aren’t presented in a relatable way, instead just the basic facts and minimal emotive language is given, for example “100 innocent civilians were killed today” followed by “There was a devastating house fire in Victoria”.

I just get a bit frustrated how people focus on one tragedy and seem to dismiss all others because they seem to only have enough emotional capacity for the one. Maybe this isn’t the reason at all, it could be a million different reasons and it’s not my place to judge. Okay, leave it there, Jordan.


AND BREATH

Just a quick note, thank you so much for that care package. It was insanely generous and it just shows how well you know me and how loving and generous you are :) I've been using everything this week and it really helped me focus on my positive perspective for the week so thank you so much. (SIDENOTE: I put a picture of this on Instagram, so i figured that evened out for not posting the cupcake. My instagram is JORDANELIZABETH1313)



Love you Ab J Sorry if this bored the heck out of you. You’ve got complete creative freedom for your next post and I can’t wait to see it.

Love you lots, as always!

Jordan xx



1 comment:

  1. hey jordy! so proud of you, it looks like you had a good week! I'm so glad that you achieved so much! i am especially happy that you ate the cupcake, i have known about but never really understood your dislike of cupcakes...everyone likes cupcakes its just human nature! I didn't achieve my own tasks this week, i did all of them except for the no homework after 8:30! damn! haha. i think your post was just so good, you are just so clever and i loved your rant! you brought up things that i would never think about. I completely agree with what you said about the media coverage and notice about the plane crash. whilst it was very bad and it was the worst conflict for russia since the cold war it is still no less important than all of the other wars going on. love you load, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete