Monday 1 September 2014

Room Tour!

Hey Jordy!
Today I just wanted to give you a quick tour of my room as I have changed a few things since you were last here! 
If you look above you will see my old bedroom! somehow this photo manages to make my room look nice but in reality  it was oddly proportioned and not really decorated well. 
now you can see my current room, its not perfect yet but It is certainly getting better!

 This is the blank shell that my bedroom started out as...


This is my dressing table. 
I decorated this table myself. 
I painted it white and yellow, I picked the design for the top, I picked the doorknobs... and now I've covered it in a load of mess! 
(if you look in the mirror in that one, you can see that I was too lazy to make my bed and tried to crop it out- hahah)


Next you see my desk, the most boring part of my whole room. 
I don't really use my desk for studying so instead it displays some of my treasures including my word globe (bottom shelf), my school books (middle shelf) my type writer, favourite candles and lantern (on top) and a massive amount of mess underneath! :)



This is my desk again.. Obviously. 
but you can see some shells that I have hanging from my roof and my 'floating book case'

My floating bookcase is my favourite thing in my whole room. Dad made it for me using brackets hidden within old books. 
I think that I am going to have these in every house I ever live in!



This is my chair... it used to be your chair. 

This part of my room is what I changed over the weekend. Its tricky to explain what i have changed.
If you think back to my bedroom last time you saw it, the whole wall behind my bed was covered in a mixed matched array of pictures and postcards. 
Its all gone now.
My favourite horizontal postcards are now NEATLY displayed on the wall above my bookcase. 
My favourite portrait postcards are displayed around my mirror.
My favourite photographs are displayed on my wardrobe door.
Hundreds and Hundreds or my old photos and postcards are no longer on my wall, I'm going to sort them into photo albums soon.
Its much more organised now!

These are my favourite landscape postcards above my bookcase.




 These are my few photos on my wardrobe door.

This part of my room is also new. 
you might notice that there are 5 pictures hung up above my bed. 


 I really wanted white frames but the only ones we could find were going to cost $375 dollars for the 5, I was more than happy to settle for black frames from Kmart and save $335!


This is my central photo frame. On the left hand side you will see a old photo from a school medieval day, then a cute photo of you and king, than a photo from my birthday ages ago and then mum and dad on hamilton island. On the right side you will see a photo from a dinner with family, some of my friends, Simones wedding and the cousins on easter.
This frame is MASSIVE, its also the one that fell of the wall onto my face in the middle of the night... good one dad! :(


This is the drawing of us



Us at harry potter

The quibbler 

You brought this beautiful print back from paris ages ago. 
(I don't know what was happening with my camera angle!)
This is what the pictures look like up. 
(look, I made my bed for this photo!- hahah)

This is my big egg chair. 


and these are just some pictures of my room from different angels. 



What do you think?
Do you like my new pictures?
Is there anything that you think I should change?
I can't wait until you get to see my room in a few weeks, it probably won't be until after queensland or whenever you get less busy at uni! :( :(


Love you lots, can't wait to hear from you on thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment